This chicken salad is an explosion of flavors and textures in your mouth. The creaminess of the avocado…the crunchiness of the celery and pecans…the moistness of the chicken thigh…the crispness of the apple…the sweetness of the mango. This is great on it’s own, or put on a fresh bed of greens with a tomato slice. It can also be served at a party in endive boats.
Tropical Chicken Salad
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 mango, peeled/pitted/diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons paleonnaise
- Sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.