These Trail Mix Cookies are divine…I just kept adding ingredients that seemed to come out of a bag of trail mix. These cookies cook down very thin, almost like lace cookies. Make sure you really mix all of the ingredients well; otherwise you’ll have pockets of honey bubbling out the sides of the cookies during the baking phase.
- 1.25 cups walnut meal (use a food processor)
- 3 tablespoons ghee or organic unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries (no added sweeteners)
- 3.5 oz 72% dark chocolate bar, chopped into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Place about a tablespoon of cookie mix in a ball on the baking sheet. Press down each ball. Leave about an inch between cookies as these will spread when they cook.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. After the transfer, cool for about another 1/2 hour so that they can stiffen.