My spiral machine was in use for this recipe ~ if you don’t have one, I strongly suggest getting one. It is a kitchen gadget worth buying!
- 2 medium rutabagas
- 1.5 cups of your favorite marinara
- 1/4 pound ground hamburger
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- Italian Parsley for garnish (optional)
- sea salt
- Black truffle oil (or olive oil)
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, mushrooms and garlic until hamburger is cooked (not pink). Add your marinara sauce. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil (just as you would for pasta).
- Peel rutabagas and cut off ends. Spiral into spaghetti strands. Boil for 8 minutes.
- Drain “spaghetti” and plate. Drizzle oil over the noodles (this will help flavor the noodles ~ for me, this is the most important step with any kind of veggie noodles). Season lightly with salt.
- Spoon sauce over noodles. Garnish with parsley. Serve.