This was a mistake gone right! I initially started out wanting to make some “granola bars” from some of the leftover ingredients from my Trail Mix Cookies. After baking and letting it cool down, I tried to cut my creation into bars just to watch it crumble before my eyes. Frustrated, I tried a handful of my failure and thought that this would be great in a bowl with coconut milk. I was right!
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup unsalted walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- coconut oil, enough to grease the pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and mix until blended well. Press mixture evenly into pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned. Let cool for 30 minutes. Crumble into an airtight container until ready to serve. I pour unsweetened coconut milk over the cereal but feel free to use whatever fits with your dietary needs or taste preference.
- Variation: (1) Fresh blueberries on this would be fantastic! (2) Without milk, this is also great for a car snack or a pick-me-up during a weekend hike!
- If you like this recipe, you may also want to try:
Cinnamon Pecan Crunch Cereal
Choco-Hazelnut Paleo Cereal