This grain-free, paleo cereal is a slight variation on my Honey Bunches of Paleo Cereal. I changed the sweetener from honey to high-quality maple syrup, changed the nuts from walnuts to hazelnuts and added a little cocoa powder (I love chocolate and hazelnuts together!).
Choco-Hazelnut Paleo Cereal
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup unsalted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- coconut oil, enough to grease the pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and mix until blended well. Press mixture evenly into pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned. Let cool for 30 minutes. Crumble into an airtight container until ready to serve. I pour unsweetened coconut milk over the cereal but feel free to use whatever fits with your dietary needs or taste preference.
- Variation: Without milk, this is also great for a car snack or a pick-me-up during a weekend hike