My oldest daughter loves Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and once she saw the Wilton Peanut Butter Cup Candy Molds (I found mine at Michael’s) she asked me to make her a healthier version. I bought two molds so I wouldn’t have to wait between rounds (each one was less than 2 bucks).
*Mold Substitution: You can use small silicone cups as a substitute for the candy molds.
- 3.5 ounce dark chocolate bar (72% or higher), cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon organic butter or ghee
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons maple sugar crystals
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate, coconut oil, and butter on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Fill the candy molds halfway with the melted chocolate. Use a small paintbrush to brush some chocolate up the sides of each cup. Tap the bottom of the tray to remove any air bubbles.
- Spoon approximately 1/2 teaspoon of the almond butter mixture in the middle of the cups. Top each mold with melted chocolate.
- Freeze the molds for 30 minutes. Keep in freezer until you are ready to eat as once chocolate is messed with, it melts easily!!