I love meatballs! I like them with my favorite marinara sauce, on spaghetti squash or even just heat one up for a quick snack on-the-go. These are chock full of protein and veggies so they are a perfect big or mini meal!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- bunch of scallions, the bottom third (the onion portion and a section of the greens)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 cups of marinara (heated and reserved for plating)
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend bellas, carrot, celery and scallions until finely chopped.
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, ingredients from the food processor, eggs and remaining seasonings. Use your hands (or a spoon) to thoroughly mix ingredients so they are completely distributed.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop a ball of meat mixture (12 meatballs total) and place each one in a large, greased baking pan.
- Cook for approximately 45 minutes.
- Plate and spoon marinara sauce over meatballs. Garnish with chopped fresh basil. Serve.