Sometimes Turkey Sliders can get a little dry, so I thought I’d half it with ground pork. Also, I came across these beautiful green figs so I thought I’d try a relish (salsa) with this wonderful ingredient! Feel free to substitute regular figs or even use mango as a substitute.
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 roasted peppers (1 red, 1 orange…or your choice)**
- 5 green figs, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ** To roast peppers: prick each pepper with a fork several times. Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes in a baking dish. Place peppers in a closed brown paper bag for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from bag and peel skin off of the peppers.
- SLIDERS: Combine ingredients. Divide into six equal parts and grill until desired doneness.
- RELISH: Combine ingredients and serve with sliders.