This paleo cereal recipe came as a request from Jennifer at Paleo Dieting. She was working on an article for Paleo Lifestyle Magazine regarding how to get kids to eat Paleo. She wanted a cereal recipe that was kid-friendly, and I think this hits the mark (especially if you throw a few dark chocolate chips in before serving)!
Cinnamon Pecan Crunch Paleo Cereal
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 cup pecan meal (make in a food processor w/ pecans)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (my preference is Vietnamese Cinnamon ~ it is just on a different level!)
- coconut oil (0r preferred oil), enough to grease the pan
- Optional toppings when serving : dark chocolate chips, berries, banana slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and mix until blended well. Press mixture evenly into pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned. Let cool for 30 minutes. Crumble into an airtight container until ready to serve. I pour unsweetened coconut milk over the cereal but feel free to use whatever fits with your dietary needs or taste preference.
- Variation: Without milk, this is also great for a car snack or a pick-me-up during a weekend family hike!