Entry #1 ~ Pan Seared Sirloin with Maple Brussels Sprouts Amandine

Entry #1: Sara Jones

2 lbs sirloin steaks
garlic powder and pepper to taste
1/4 cup blanched, sliced almonds, lightly toasted
8-10 medium brussel sprouts
2T bacon fat
pinch of black pepper
3T maple syrup

Place a large, open skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of your steaks with pepper and garlic powder.

Once pan is hot, place steaks in the skillet (you should hear a nice sizzle).

In a separate pan (one that has a lid!), melt 2T bacon fat over medium heat.

While fat melts, remove stems from sprouts and cut them in half, lengthwise.

Once fat has melted, place sprouts in the pan, cut side down. Cover and let cook for 4-5 minutes.

Flip your steaks over. (Wait 2-3 more minutes if you prefer your steaks closer to well done.)

Turn over each brussel sprout in the other pan. Sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper and drizzle with maple syrup.

Cover the sprouts and let them cook for another 3-4 minutes.

Place sprouts in a bowl and drizzle with the remaining liquid from the pan. Top with toasted almond slices.

By now, your steak should also be done! Dinner is served!

Print Friendly

Comments

comments

35 Comments

1. looks good

2. Can I vote on my own? LOL
    KIDDING! I've spread the word, though.
    Thanks again for hosting this contest!

3. I love Brussels sprouts! I am so trying this recipe!

4. Donna Dozeman says:

We vote for this one! It looks yummy

5. cynkingfeeling says:

You've inspired me to try making brussel sprouts!

6. Pingback: VOTE HERE ~ Mystery Basket Challenge Entries | Cavegirl Cuisine

7. This gets my vote! Yummy!

8. Entry #1 Sara Jones – This looks yummy. Think I am making this for dinner.

9. yum and easy! Great grub

10. I need to find myself some brussels sprouts! SARA! SARA! SARA! SARA!

11. this gets my vote!

12. This is a great autumn dish! maple syrup, bacon, brussel sprouts and steak! I cant wait to try it.. thanks for sharing!

13. adamjholland says:

Nice.

14. I’ve got to try this. Sounds really good.

15. Looks yummy!

16. This might tempt me to try Brussel sprout again after many years.

17. This looks great, will definitely have to try it!

18. This looks so good!!!

19. Just the description makes my mouth water, sounds delicious and doesn’t take much time!

20. Looks very tasty! Good luck, Sara!

21. The dish is wonderful!

22. Sounds Yummy!!! Will for sure try this receipe, especially the sprouts!!!!!!! Good luck. Sara!!!

23. Delish! Good luck!

24. Stacy Burnett says:

This looks good and seems easy to make!

25. Made this tonight. It was incredibly easy (even for a guy who rarely cooks), and delicious! I'm voting for this!

26. LOVE this. My girls cleaned me out!

27. Looks tasty, I will have to try this!

28. I'm voting! This looks delicious- what a lucky family to have you cooking. It inspires me to make brussel sprouts soon. Go Sara!

29. We vote for this one yum

30. Sounds yummy! I love brussels sprouts.

31. Gwenael from My Little Green Thumb says:

Looks yummy!

32. You are truly a excellent webmaster. The website loading pace is amazing. It seems that you’re doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a fantastic process on this matter!

• cavegirlcuisine says:

Thanks so much!! I'd love to take all of the credit; however, Louisville Geek (our local web guys) are the true geniuses. I just tell them how I'd the page to look and then they either tweak it for me and/or teach me stuff along the way. I'm so glad you like everything! :-)