This recipe was a combination of two thoughts. Number one, my most popular ice-cream recipe is my Mint Chocolate Chip and I wanted to get that same flavor profile in a cookie (but I swear this won’t compete with the girl scouts…no knocking on doors for me). Number two, I have had this bag of dried Goji berries in my pantry for about 3 weeks trying to figure out what to do with them. I have used dried unsweetened cherries in other cookie recipes before, so this seemed a natural progression!
- 1.25 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons ghee or organic butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3.5 oz 72% dark chocolate bar, cut in small chunks
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries (use none or unsweetened dried cherries as an alternative)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the above ingredients until well-blended.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of batter at a time on a parchment paper-lined (or silicone baking mat) baking sheet, leaving about 3/4 inch in between each cookie (these cookies don’t spread too much).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes to set.