It’s football season and chips and dip were always a part of my watching the Georgia Bulldogs. Over the years, I’ve had to adapt to fresher ways of eating and this dip is a way to bring in the new and celebrate the past…yummy flavors! Because there is the lack of the crunchy tortillas, I make the bacon layer extra crispy to compensate for that missed texture.
- Layer 1: 1 pound ground beef plus a taco seasoning packet (I used the Trader Joe’s seasoning packet), cooked
- Layer 2: 1.5 cups green onions, chopped
- Layer 3: 3 tomatoes, diced…then seasoned with salt and pepper
- Layer 4: 1 cup nopolitos (tender cactus), drained and diced (jarred)
- Layer 5: 1.5 cups guacamole
- Layer 6: 1, 5.75 ounce can of jumbo black olives, sliced
- Layer 7: 1 pound bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- Garnish (optional) with 1 bunch of chopped cilantro and juice of l lime
- Layer the levels. Place a large serving spoon with appetizer.
- On a separate plate, serve with Bibb Lettuce. Spoon mixture in the separate lettuce leaves like soft tacos.