I can’t help making these great treats. They are so simple and my girls love meringues ~ these are one of our favorites!
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar crystals
- 2 tablespoons organic pumpkin puree
- orange food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk egg whites, arrowroot and pumpkin pie spice until medium-firm peaks are formed. SLOWLY add sugar crystals while continuing to whisk.
- Whisk in pumpkin and optional food coloring./li>
- Place mixture in a piping tube/bag with a wide tip…or spoon into a gallon plastic bag and cut off the corner tip. Pipe mixture into mounds onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 2 hours. Turn oven off and crack the door, but let meringues remain in the oven and let rest for 30 minutes. Peel parchment paper off the backs of the meringues. Store in an airtight container once completely cooled (otherwise, the heat will steam the the meringues and “melt” them in your container.