I’ve been having so much fun playing around with my veggie spiraler and different root veggies. Chicken Noodle Soup just seemed like the next obvious choice for this faux paleo pasta!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 cups homemade chicken broth or broth of choice
- 2 tablespoons ghee or organic butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium turnip, ends cut off and peeled
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, place ghee, chicken, onion, celery, carrots and bay leaf. Cook on medium until onions are translucent.
- Add broth, thyme, garlic and S&P. Bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Spiral the turnip. Roughly cut “noodles” onto 1-inch lengths. Add to pot and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.