I started this recipe as upside-down mini pear cakes; however, it just wasn’t pretty. So, round two was in the tart pan. Not only is the taste there, but this one is actually pretty. This is GOOD, but I think it will be GREAT with a small scoop of Cinnamon Ice Cream next to it!!
Maple Pear Tart (paleo pear tart)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 banana
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large Anjou pear (or your choice), cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 1.125 inch tart pan.
- Blend cake ingredients together. Set aside.
- Combine pears, cinnamon, lemon juice, maple syrup and sea salt in a pan over medium heat. Bring to boil. Gently stir. Reduce heat and simmer until pears are tender (about 5 minutes). With a slotted spoon, scoop pears out of sauce and start overlapping pear slices on the outside perimeter of the tart pan. Once outside circle is complete, overlap to form an inner circle.
- Spoon cake mixture over pears and smooth out.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Flip onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon (optional). Serve.