This took a few tries to figure out a paleo dressing however, I think this has incredible flavor and gives a really good rendition of the tradition!
Sausage Sage Dressing (paleo dressing)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 onion, diced finely in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons ghee or organic butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage (bulk or removed from casings)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper (or color of choice), diced
- 1/2 cup dried sweet cherries (no sugar added) ~ I found mine at Trader Joes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream (or coconut milk)
- 5 large organic eggs
- 2 pieces bacon, uncooked and finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend “breading” ingredients together. Spread in a greased 8 x 11.5 pan. Cook for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- On medium heat, cook sausage, onion and pepper until sausage is not pink. Add cherries. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and cream until blended. Add pan ingredients and bacon. Stir.
- Add crumbled “bread” to the mixture.Press into a greased 3-quart baking dish. Cook for 30 minutes. Let cool.