These Trippy Munch Cookies are in honor of Colorado and Washington now that marijuana is recreationally legal. I thought that you guys needed a snack to pre-make so that you would have a Paleo alternative when the munchies hit! 😉
Trippy Munch Cookies (paleo/grain-free)
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoon ghee or organic butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces 72% dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, heat honey and cranberries on medium heat for 7-10 minutes. Once heated, take the edge of your spoon and start “smooshing” the cranberries while stirring, popping all of the cranberries. Remove from heat. Add butter. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add cranberry mixture. Stir until well-blended.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, drop tablespoonfuls of batter approximately 1-inch apart. Flatten partially as they will spread some.
- Cook for 11 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 20 minutes to let the chocolate harden. Refrigerate.
Tags: almond butter almond extract almond flour baking powder cave girl coconut flour cookies cranberries dark chocolate dessert gfree gluten free diet gluten free diet recipes gluten-free legalized pot marijuana munchies organic butter paleo Paleo Diet paleo diet recipes raw honey sunflower seeds unsweetened cocoa powder vanilla