These Paleo Pumpkin Brownies came at the request of one of my Facebook friends and I am so glad it did…love this one!
Paleo Pumpkin Brownies
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and finely diced
- 1 medium banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals or instant expresso powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ounce 72% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all of the brownie ingredients (except for the walnuts) until smooth. Fold in optional walnuts. Set batter aside.
- Blend pumpkin portion of the ingredients until smooth.
- Although a greased 8×8 pan can be used, I used a brownie pan (kind of like a muffin pan with square portions…specifically a Wilton Brownie Bar Pan). I find that with Paleo “baked goods”, I enjoy the crisp edges.
- If using a brownie pan, spoon approximately one tablespoon of the brownie batter in each greased section. Next, spoon equal portions of the pumpkin mixture in each section. Top each section equally with remaining brownie batter (this is not an exact science and is not a perfect layering effort). Next, take a butter knife and run a couple of lines through each brownie. This will somewhat swirl the pumpkin ~ don’t do a full mix.
- Cook for 13 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the brownies.