My Pumpkin Kiss Cookies had such a great response, that I thought I would try something for Christmas. I hope you enjoy these Paleo Gingerbread Kiss Cookies also!
Gingerbread Kiss Cookies (paleo gingerbread)
- 5 Deglet Noor dates (or Medjool), pitted
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly grated is preferred!)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3.5 ounces of 72% dark chocolate
- In a food processor, blend dates and almond meal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, add dates, almond meal, coconut flour, banana, egg, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, molasses, baking powder, coconut flakes. Blend.
- On a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, use about 2 tsp of the batter to form a ball and then push down in the center to create a “nest”. Do this about 15 times.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler on low.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes. Spoon melted chocolate in the dip of each cookie. Let rest for 1 hour.
Tags: almond meal baking powder banana cave girl Christmas cinnamon coconut flour cookies Deglet Noor dates dessert egg gfree ginger gingerbread Gingerbread Kiss Cookies gluten free diet gluten free diet recipes gluten-free grain free holiday molasses nutmeg paleo Paleo Diet paleo diet recipes paleo gingerbread unsweetened coconut flakes