If you are a Top Chef fan, then you’ll know why I called this Top Scallop! If not, don’t worry about it, anything wrapped in prosciutto makes it tops to me!
- 8 sea scallops
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 1/2 medium sweet onion
- sea salt and ground pepper
- Slice squash in half moons. Roughly chop onions. Place in a bowl with 1/2 cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with a paper towel. I microwave this for about four minutes. (If you don’t use a microwave, steam veggies as you normally would).
- Take a 1/4 ounce strip of prosciutto and wrap one way around a scallop. Take another 1/4 ounce strip and wrap the other way around the scallop. Repeat with each scallop.
- In a lightly greased skillet (I used ghee), cook scallops on medium-high for about 2 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the scallops. The scallops should be opaque throughout. Be careful not to overcook as the scallops can become rubbery.