Eggs are such an essential and perfect protein. Poached is probably one of my favorite prepartions of the egg. Once broken, it gives such a great “sauce” to whatever you are eating.
- 1 center cut boneless pork chop
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg
- For this dish, I grilled a center cut pork chop, simply seasoned with salt and pepper.
- The spinach is pan-wilted with a touch of bacon grease and minced garlic.
- To properly poach an egg, melt a teaspoon of ghee (or coconut oil) on low and then brush the bottom and halfway up the sides of the saucepan. Fill halfway with water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Crack your egg in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Slowly slide the egg into the water. Cook for 4-6 minutes, depending on how done you prefer the yolk. The egg in this picture was cooked for 5 minutes.
- Remove egg from water with a slotted spoon. If you want the egg to have pretty edges, slide the egg on a plate. Either cut the rough edges off with a knife, or turn a glass upside down and make your circle (like a cookie cutter).
- Plate your food.