Grain Free Cauliflower Crust Pizzas for the entire family on Valentine’s Day…all of the taste and none of the guilt!
Because these are void of gluten, don’t expect them to be so pliable as traditional pizza. If made small like these, you can pick them up gingerly; however, these may serve better with a fork and a knife (or just go for it!).
- 4 cups (approximately 1 head) riced cauliflower (see below)
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 tablespoons Italian seasoning
Toppings: Go wild! This is where your preferences come into play!
IN THE PICTURE:
A. marinara sauce, basil and yellow peppers
B. pesto and Italian sausage
C. marinara sauce, bacon and onion
D. pesto and mushrooms
E. marinara sauce, black olive and artichoke hearts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rice your cauliflower. If you don’t know how to do this, this YouTube video is the best source I have found. Transfer to a strainer. Take several paper towels and smoosh/squeeze out the liquid from the cauliflower.
- Mix the cauliflower along with the remaining crust ingredients. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, form 10 crusts in the shape of a heart. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add desired toppings. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool and “harden” for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, if desired.