- 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ounce 72% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cherries **
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
** it is not cherry season here, so I bought a can of Oregon pitted cherries and rinsed off the syrup (not the most ideal, but it is what I had to work with).
- Place coconut milk, raw honey, mashed banana and vanilla in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk until everything is well-blended. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk two egg yolks in a separate bowl. Temper the yolks by adding a small ladle of hot mixture, stirring continuously so as to not “cook” the eggs. Add a second ladle to egg mixture. Once combined, pour this back into the saucepan and stir. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Follow the directions on your ice cream mixer as each one may be a little different. Once your main mixture is blended, transfer to a freezing container/lidded bowl. Mix in chocolate, strawberries, cherries, pecans and pineapple. Freeze. After 30-45 minutes, stir mixture again. I think the best stage of “paleo ice cream” is after the first hour of two of freezing.