Apple Pie Thumbprint Cookies (paleo apple pie cookies)
- 3/4 cup creamy unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup pecan meal (or preferred nut meal/flour)
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 cup peeled finely diced Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot flour
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cookie ingredients until blended.
- Roll 12, 1-inch balls. Press them down in the middle with your thumb on a parchment paper-lined cooking sheet (or silicone baking mat). They will look like 12 small bowls. Cook for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your diced apples and place in a medium saucepan with remaining “topping” ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- When the cookies are done cooking, remove from the oven and distribute topping mixture over each cookie. Continue to cook in the oven for an additional 3 minutes.
- Let cool COMPLETELY to let the cookies set. Yields 12 cookies.
Tags: almond butter apple pie apple pie cookies apple pie thumbprint cookies Apple Pie Thumbprint Cookies (paleo apple pie cookies) arrowroot baking powder cinnamon coconut flour dessert egg fourth of july gluten-free granny smith lemon juice maple syrup organic coconut palm sugar paleo Paleo Diet pecan meal Thanksgiving thumbprint cookies vanilla