Beefy Turnip Greens Enchiladas
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 4 slices uncooked bacon, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili (or chili powder)
- 1 3/4 cups enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12-14 turnip greens leaves, bottom stem cut off
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook beef, bacon, carrot, onion, garlic, salt and chipotle in a large skillet on medium heat for approximately 8 minutes until meat is no longer pink. Add 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro to the mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of an 8×11 casserole dish. Using a slotted spoon, spoon beef mixture into the middle of a turnip green leaf. Fold over one side and then the other. Place seam side down in the casserole dish. Continue this step until mixture is gone.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the dish. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with black olives and remaining cilantro.