This is an amazingly quick and easy meal to fix.
Serves 1 for lunch. (The trick is to put a basil leaf on each prosciutto slice before wrapping the scallop).
- 4 large sea scallops
- 4 basil leaves
- 4 strips of prosciutto, about an inch wide
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (or preferred oil)
- a handful of spinach
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon organic butter or ghee
- With a paper towel, pat down scallops. Place a basil leaf on a strip of prosciutto and wrap around the side of a scallop. Do this with all of the scallops. Set aside. (I didn’t add any seasoning to the scallops in this recipe because the salt from the prosciutto seems to do the trick!).
- In a medium skillet, heat oil on medium. Add spinach and garlic. Stir lightly for a couple of minutes until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a plate.
- Using the same skillet, raise the temperature to high. Squeeze lemon into the pan. Add ghee. Cook scallops for approximately 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the plate on top of the spinach.