- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 6-ounce can of organic tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons preferred hot sauce (or more, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili (or cayenne)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 8 organic, free-range chicken legs
- In a medium pot, heat the blackberries, OJ and maple syrup on low for about 5 minutes, smooshing the blackberries as you go. Through a sieve, mash blackberry mixture to remove seeds into a separate bowl.
- Rinse out your pot and add remaining ingredients (excluding chicken legs). Add blackberry juice. Heat for 2-3 minutes while combining ingredients. Remove from heat. Add more salt and/or hot sauce if desired.
- In a gallon plastic storage bag, add chicken legs. Pour the sauce in the bag, reserving 1/4 cup for later.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Flip bag and refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, brush on the additional sauce. Let rest for 5 minutes.