Gluten-free hard ciders are easy to come by these days…just ask and folks will help lead you in the right direction. These gfree hard ciders are a perfect compliment for pork, making these Plum Drunk Pork Chops an easy and tasty on0-dish meal!
Some other Cavegirl Cuisine recipes that you may enjoy:
Mushroom and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
3 Little Pigs Stuffed Poblano
Curried Venison and Pork Kebabs with Avocado Dipping Sauce
Plum Drunk Pork Chops
- 2 bone-in pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon bacon grease
- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced
- 4 plums, pitted and large diced
- 1 bottle of gluten-free hard cider (such as Woodchuck Hard Cider)
- 5 sage leaves, chopped
- With a paper towel, pat dry the pork chops. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat bacon grease on medium-high heat. Sear the pork chops, about 2 minutes per side. Set pork chops aside.
- Place onions and a 1/4 of the cider into the same skillet. Heat on medium for 10 minutes, browning the onions. Add the plums and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the pork chops, sage, and the remaining cider.
- Cook on medium heat for approximately 7 minutes per side until the center temperature of the chops reach at least 145 degrees F (medium rare) or more if desired.