Invest in an ice cream maker today to start enjoying homemade, dairy-free ice cream made from coconut milk and the freshest of ingredients…such as this Dairy-Free Blackberry Ice Cream! Prepare this ice cream to be served about 2 or 3 hours after you make it…it has more of a “soft-serve” consistency at this point. If left overnight, it tends to get pretty hard.
Dairy-Free Blackberry Ice Cream
- In a small saucepan, heat blackberries and honey on low heat for 5 minutes smooshing the berries as you go. Remove from heat and push the blackberry mixture through a sieve. Throw away the seeds.
- Place coconut milk, blackberry juice, and vanilla in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk until well-blended. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk two egg yolks in a separate bowl. Temper the yolks by adding a small ladle of the ice cream mixture, stirring continuously so as to not “cook” the eggs. Add a second ladle to egg mixture. Once combined, pour this back into the saucepan and stir.
- Stir until combined. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Follow the directions on your ice cream mixer as each one may be a little different. Once your main mixture is blended, transfer to a freezing container/lidded bowl. Freeze. After 30-45 minutes, stir mixture again. I think the best stage of “paleo ice cream” is after the first 1-3 hours of freezing.