These Curried Shrimp Cakes were inspired by my love of crabcakes and my husband’s distaste for crab (Right? Who doesn’t like crab?!). Well, I was pleasantly surprised with this creation! If you are not a curry fan, change up the spices for a different twist. This dish screams summertime and I hope your friends and family agree!
Other Cavegirl Cuisine recipes that you may enjoy:
Asian Salmon Patties with Garlic Aoili
Crab and Bacon Baked Fritters
Curried Venison and Pork Kebabs with Avocado Dipping Sauce
Yields 7-8 shrimp cakes
- 1.5 pounds raw shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil (or preferred oil)
- Optional garnishes: chopped cilantro, lime wedges, diced mango
- Coursely chop shrimp and then do it a couple more times! Add remaining ingredients (except for the nut oil). Mix.
- Form 7-8 shrimp patties. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook on each side for approximately 3 minutes per side until cooked through and browned on each side.
- Plate and garnish with optional cilantro, lime slices, and mango.