What a decadent plate of guilt-free sin for you and your honey…try this FANCY PANTS FILET on a special occassion or just a Friday night date night.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons ghee or organic butter
- 6 sweet onion slices, 1/4 inch thick rings
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 2 beef filets
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pea shoots, or preferred greens
- In a medium saucepan filled halfway with water and sweet potato cubes, bring to a boil. Reduce to medium and cook until the cubes are fork tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, combine arrowroot, almond meal, paprika, and salt. In a second bowl, whisk the egg. Dredge the onion rings first in the egg and then coat with the dry mixture. Place rings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip the rings and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Heat a grilling pan over high heat. Season the meats with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook or grill until desired doneness.
- In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, sugar, and garlic cloves to a boil. Reduce and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens. Remove cloves and discard.
- Drain sweet potato cubes. Blend with the butter until smooth.
- Plate 1/2 of the balsamic reduction first. Place a filet in the middle. Top with 3 onion rings and some pea shoots. Pipe 1/2 of the sweet potato around the base of the filet. Repeat this for the second plate.