- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup organic tomato sauce
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/3 cup almond flour/meal
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- a few twists of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8.5×11 baking dish. Mix all meatloaf ingredients (except for the sauce). Use your hands for best results. Form into a loaf on the baking dish. I like to free-form my meatloaf instead of cooking it in a loaf pan. The free-form allows for a larger crisp surface.
- Mix the sauce ingredients. Brush on the surface of the meatloaf (I learned this trick from my grandma).
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut into slices. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.