This Bacon-Peach Crisp Cobbler is a perfect combination of salty-sweet. Don’t knock bacon in a dessert until you try it…good stuff!!
- 3 strips thick bacon or 4 strips regular bacon (nitrate-free), diced
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 4 cups peeled, diced fresh peaches (about 5-6)
- 1/3 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a medium skillet, crisp bacon. Transfer cooked bacon to paper-towel lined plate. Drain grease from skillet. Add back cooked bacon in addition to pecans, maple syrup, and sunflower seeds. Cook on medium for about 3-4 minutes to coat and caramelize nuts and seeds. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan, heat peaches, coconut palm sugar, and cinnamon until sugar is dissolved and everything is well-mixed. Set aside.
- Blend crust ingredients. Set aside.
- In a greased 9-inch tart pan or springform pan, scatter crisp mixture first. Next, spoon in the peach mixture. Last, pour in the crust mixture evenly over the pan.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest for 30 minutes. Flip over onto a serving plate and remove pan.
- For optional topping: Whisk 1/4 cup of organic heavy whipping cream with 1 tablespoon of coconut palm sugar. Pipe on the cobbler or add to each slice.