Because of all of the “pumpkin madness” going around, I thought I’d make something to join the cool kids. But, really, this Pumpkin Paleo Cereal can be made year-round and enjoyed by all. This goes quick, so you may want to double the recipe!
Cavegirl Tip: Without coconut milk or almond milk, the dry version of pumpkin cereal is perfect for a car snack or a pick-me-up bite during a weekend hike!
- 2/3 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- 2 tablespoons organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Medjool or Deglet dates, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- coconut oil, enough to grease the pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl until blended well. Press mixture evenly into greased pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned. Let cool for 30-60 minutes until completely cooled. Crumble into an airtight container until ready to serve.