- 1 tablespoon ghee or organic butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- 1 cup roughly chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups diced, cooked turkey
- 4 cups seasoned turkey broth *
- * I made my turkey broth on Thanksgiving, so my broth had a lot of sage, thyme, salt, and some avocodo oil that I had rubbed on my turkey. If you are using a store-bought broth, you may want add some sage, thyme, salt & pepper (or preferred seasonings) to round out your stew flavor-profile.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, cook the butter, onion, and celery until the onions are translucent. Add remaining ingredients (and any additional seasoning).
- Bring stew to a boil and then let simmer uncovered for approximately 40 minutes.