- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seed oil (or preferred oil)
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced turnip
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, peeled and small diced
- 1 small carrot, long thin peels (use a veggie peeler)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 packed cup of chopped kale
- 1 bouquet garni (you can buy these pre-bundled in the spice section)
- 4 poached eggs (optional)
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat oil, shallots, and turnips on medium-low heat until shallots are translucent. Add carrots and garlic. Stir. Add broth, chicken, kale, and bouquet garni.
- Bring pot to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve in four bowls immediately. Garnish each dish with a poached egg.