If you haven’t tried Steve’s Paleo Goods, then you are missing out! I received a package from Steve and have had so fun much sampling the products. By the way, BEST beef jerky, hands down! Also, the meat sticks were a family hit ~ they are like healthy versions of the Slim Jims you used to buy at 2 in the morning at 7-Eleven back in the day!
Simple “Fried” Chicken (with Steve’s PaleoGoods)
- In a gallon plastic bag, place Maple Mustard and chicken legs. Refrigerate for at least an hour (up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small food processor or blender, grind down the PaleoKrunch Cereal to a flour-like consistency. Add coconut flour, sea salt and cayenne pepper and give it a whirl to mix. Transfer mixture to a wide, shallow bowl.
- Put legs in a strainer to rid any excess marinade. Coat legs in the “flour”. Place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Turn legs over and continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes allowing the internal temperature to reach 165 degrees F.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes. Garnish with thyme if desired.