This Shrimp and Celery Root Salad is perfect for summer days on the day. It is also a nice alternative to your traditional green salad.
Recipe variation: This salad is great with crabmeat (or lobster if you’re wearing your fancy pants!).
- 2 cups julienned celery root, peeled
- 2 cups julienned Asian pear (or Granny Smith apple)
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 medium orange)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup quartered, seedless red grapes
- sea salt and ground pepper for taste
- 1 pound boiled wild-caught shrimp (any size), peeled and deveined
- thyme leaves, optional garnish
- In a medium bowl, place celery root, pear, orange juice, olive oil, almonds, grapes, salt and pepper. Toss. Refrigerate while you are boiling your shrimp.
- Place shrimp in a pot of boiling water. The cooking time will depend on the size of the shrimp. The shrimp will turn pink and start to float to the top. Remove from heat and run cool water over the shrimp in the pot. Peel and devein. Roughly chop.
- Divide your salad among 2 or 3 plates. Place chopped shrimp on each salad.
- Garnish with thyme.