This is from page 190 of the The Everything Weeknight Paleo Cookbook, edited by Michelle Fagone (Cavegirl Cuisine). Copyright ©2014 by F+W Media, Inc.
Thai Chicken Stew ~ The Everything Weeknight Paleo Cookbook
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1″ piece) fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut cream (or coconut milk, if preferred)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili paste (red or green) or hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (green parts only)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a medium-size frying pan over medium-high heat, saute’ the garlic and ginger in the almond oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the carrots, coconut cream, and chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cabbage, chicken, coconut aminos, and fish sauce.
- Whisk in the chili paste. Stir in the sesame oil, scallions, and cilantro. Simmer for 20 minutes.
If soup is what you like, you may want to give my cookbook a try,
Ladle ~ paleo and gluten-free comfort soups!