I used these beautiful Confetti Eggplant and White Asparagus in this meal; however, use any variety that you prefer!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 small eggplant, peeled and sliced into circles
- avocado oil (or preferred oil for drizzling)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 5 tablespoons organic butter or ghee, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- balsamic vinegar (to drizzle)
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Optional Garnishes: smoked paprika and fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place eggplant rounds. Drizzle with preferred oil (or alternately, place rounds in a bowl and toss with a little oil). Bake for 10 minutes. Flip eggplant and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Depending on how thick you cut your rounds, check if more or less time is needed for baking.
- Heat and lightly grease your grill or grilling pan. Pound out your chicken breasts to about 1/2 inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper on each side. Cook your chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side until cooked.
- Start your Dijon Hollandaise Sauce. In a double-boiler, place the egg yolks, water, and lemon juice over medium heat. Whisk in butter pats one at a time until sauce thickens. Whisk in Dijon mustard.
- Plate chicken. Arrange steamed asparagus and drizzle with hollandaise. Sprinkle with optional smoked paprika.
- Arrange some eggplant slices and then garnish with sliced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and optional basil.