- 1/2 pound wild boar bacon, cubed (pork bacon can be substituted)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, hard ends snapped off and cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- sea salt & ground pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocodo, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon, onion, carrot, mushrooms, asparagus, basil, salt, and pepper on medium until onions are translucent and veggies are tender, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs and pour over skillet mixture. Add tomato and avocado slices to the top of the skillet.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Let cool for approximately 10 minutes. Cut into pie pieces and serve.