Lemon Coconut Cookies (paleo/grain-free)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons organic butter or ghee, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients until blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon of batter on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Using another piece of parchment paper (or wax paper), place over the dough mound. Using the bottom of a glass or other flat object, press down to flatten the cookies. Do this for each cookie so that they are about a 1/8-inch thick.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Either eat immediately or transfer to the freezer if you like a crispier texture! Either, way, you will be in lemon heaven.