- 1 pound boneless beef round, 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease or preferred cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Greek or Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Between two pieces of parchment paper, pound out the steak until 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt on both sides. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and mustard. In another bowl, combine coconut flour, almond flour, and seasoning. Dip the steak in the egg mixture and then dredge in the seasoned flour.
- In a cast iron skillet or heavy pan, melt one tablespoon of bacon grease over medium-high heat. Cook two pieces of the steak for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on your preference. Repeat with the remaining two pieces of steak. Set aside.
- Add some of the dredging flour mixture to the pan. Pour some chicken broth in the skillet to deglaze. Whisk until preferred consistency. If it is too thin, add additional flour. If it is too thick, add additional broth. (If I had it on-hand, I would probably whisk in a few teaspoons of organic cream).
- Plate the steak and drizzle with gravy. Garnish with optional fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, etc). This would be wonderful with a side of Triple Mash Fauxtatoes!