This delicious and easy-to-make Chicken Piccata recipe is from page 177 of the The Everything Weeknight Paleo Cookbook, edited by Michelle Fagone (Cavegirl Cuisine). Copyright ©2014 by F+W Media, Inc.
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons almond oil (or preferred cooking oil)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, and chicken in shallow dish. Cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat and cook onion and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Add chicken to pan and brown each side, 5-10 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts, capers, pepper, and reserved marinade. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, approximtely another 10 minutes.