Just for the Halibut and Apricot!…a nice fresh dish especially with the addition of the mint. Enjoy this halibut on the deck with a cool glass of Pinot Grigio!
Just for the Halibut and Apricot!
- 5 apricots, seeded and quartered
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or preferred hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or organic butter
- 6, 4-ounce halibut fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- Over medium-high heat in a saucepan, bring the apricots, lemon juice, white wine, allspice, honey, salt, Sriracha and one tablespoon butter to a rolling boil. Let boil for 3 minutes, squishing the apricots to the side of the pan. Reduce heat to a simmer and reduce by half. Using an immersion blender or stand blender, blend until a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- In a heated skillet with a tablespoon of your preferred cooking oil, place the halibut fillets. Depending on the thickness, cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side. When you flip the fish, add the other tablespoon of butter to the pan.
- Plate the apricot sauce and then place the halibut on top. Garnish with chopped mint leaves.