These great little Super-Yummy Reuben Meatballs are a nod to one of my favorite sandwiches on earth. I’m in love with this recipe…I hope you enjoy it too!
Super-Yummy Reuben Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound pastrami or corned beef, finely chopped
- 1 packed cup of finely chopped sauerkraut (if it is not homemade, Bubbies is my favorite go-to)
- 2 tablespoons German mustard (or whole grain mustard or yellow mustard)
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 large egg
- Optional garnish: extra sauerkraut and mustard
- In a medium bowl, blend ingredients. (Use your hands for best results!)
- Form a heaping tablespoon of mixture into a ball. Do this 35-40 more times.
- Cook in a medium-hot skillet. Roll meatballs to cook all sides until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F or until desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with optional additional sauerkraut and mustard.