Well, my family loves ribs ~ with BBQ sauce of course. Period. So, I challenged them. I told them that I was going to make ribs with a Cavegirl Rib Dry Rub that they would like equally as well as the sticky counterpart. So, it was on. Please don’t screw this up, I kept telling myself. So, I rifled through my pantry and spice rack and came up with this concoction. It was a WINNER. My youngest daughter even said, “These are the best ribs I’ve ever eaten!”. I should have recorded her saying that because later she swore that ribs with BBQ sauce were her favorite, but that these were great too. Oh well, I had my brief moment. I think the verdict is that we just like ribs…low, slow, and full of flavor!
Cavegirl Rib Dry Rub
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Himalyan salt (or preferred salt)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals or instant expresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons coconut palm sugar (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a mortar. Using the pestle grind the ingredients to a fine rub. NOTE: If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, use a bowl and the back of a wooden spoon.
- This should make enough for one rack of ribs (all over). If you don’t want to go through this process every time, just triple the recipe and store in spice jar.
NOTE: Here is my recipe for “Oven Ribs“…just follow the cooking directions and add this rub!