These Homemade Paleo Cherry Tarts hit the spot with fresh cherries and grain-free crust.
Serve these up with some dairy-free ice-cream to round it out! Follow this Cinnamon Ice Cream recipe, but delete the cinnamon and add an additional teaspoon of vanilla…or use a fresh vanilla bean for optimal vanilla flavor!
For a complete cherry theme night, whip up some Cherry BBQ Short Ribs for dinner!
- 1 cup pitted and quartered cherries
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ghee or organic butter
- In a skillet, combine all of the “filling” ingredients”. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 20 minutes until liquid reduces by half. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor or blender, combine “shell” ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- In a greased 4-cavity tart pan, divide the shell ingredients among the four sections. Divide the cherry mixture atop the shell filling. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Push out of the tart pans. Plate and serve.