These Cherry BBQ Short ribs don’t disappoint as cherries and sage are such a wonderful combination. It is a rather mild sauce, so if you like a lot of heat, bump up the amount of Sriracha to the recipe!
- 25 cherries, pitted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or preferred hot sauce)
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4-5 sage leaves (and additional for the baking process)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, place the cherries, molasses, Sriracha, shallot, water, sage leaves, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Cook until the onions are tender. Set aside and let cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor (or blender). Blend until smooth.
- Place the ribs in a large baking dish. Brush half of the BBQ sauce over the ribs, reserving the other half. Refrigerate the ribs for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of the baking dish. Add garlic cloves and several sage sprigs around the ribs. Cover the dish with aluminum foil, creating a tent.
- Cook for an hour. Brush remaining sauce over the ribs. Continue to cook for an additional hour. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.