- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons key lime zest
- 5 tablespoons ghee or organic butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a double boiler on medium heat (or a pot on a pot with water), add the lime juice, lime zest, butter, egg yolks, vanilla, salt, arrowroot, and honey. Whisk until combined.
- In a 8×8 baking dish, place 4 ramekins or small custard dishes. Pour the ingredients from the double boiler evenly into the dishes. Add water to the outside of the dishes in the 8×8 dish so that the water is approximately halfway up the sides of the small custard dishes.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, mix the topping ingredients over medium heat for about 2 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove custard dishes from the oven. Evenly distribute the saucepan ingredients. Sprinkle with additional almond meal if necessary.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.